A multi-platform universal log collector and forwarder
|Updated on||Sep 30, 2015|
It is a flexible, multi-threaded, high-performance log management solution that provides multi-platform support. It has a similar concept as of syslog-ng or rsyslog, but it is not confined to unix/syslog only.
Nxlog derives logs from files in various formats; receive logs from the network remotely over UDP, TCP or TLS/SSL. It offers platform specific sources such as the Windows Eventlog, Linux kernel logs, Android logs, local syslog etc.
It also supports Writing and reading logs to/from databases. The collected logs are then stored into files, databases or forwarded to a remote log server using various protocols. The old BSD Syslog and the newer IETF syslog standard are fully supported by nxlog in addition to XML, JSON, GELF, CSV and custom formats.
It is able to handle and preserve structured logs. You do not need to convert everything to syslog and parse these logs again at the other side. nxlog features dominant message filtering, log rewrite and conversion capabilities.
- Modular architecture through dynamically loadable plugins
- Multi-threaded, scalable, high-performance I/O - collect messages at blazing speeds (can achieve above 500k EPS)
- Multi-platform - support for Unix/Linux, Windows, Android
- Scheduled tasks and built-in log rotation
- Support for different formats such as syslog, csv, windows eventlog or even custom formats
- Offline processing mode for post processing, conversion or transfer
- Event classification and pattern matching
- Log message rewrite, conversion between different formats
- Secure network transport over SSL
- Internationalization for supporting different character sets and on the fly auto-detection of encodings
Hello! Love the mouse content on your site! You know, most websites get traffic from their blogs, and we feel that you could use a little boost,...
Hi, My name is Randy and I was looking at a few different sites online and came across your site downloadjungle.ca. I must say - your website i...
Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my webs...
nice post Please review my article http://www.techiebaba.net
A useful tool