Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion
Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) is a cross-platform port of Raven Software's Hexen II source.
|License||GNU Library or Lesser General Public License version 2.0 (LGPLv2)|
|Updated on||Oct 21, 2015|
This is a cross-platform port of Raven Software's Hexen II source based on an older linux port, Anvil of Thyrion. HoT includes uncountable bug solutions, better music, sound and video modes, opengl improvements, support for many operating systems and architectures, and documentation among many others.
- Support for Hexen II, Hexen II demo, Portal of Praevus mission pack and HexenWorld.
- Supported operating systems/platforms: Well tested on Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, AROS, MorphOS and even DOS. Other unices with SDL support should also work fine. Known to build and run just fine for QNX, and Nokia internet tablets N770, N800 and N810 using Maemo. There are separate ports to AmigaOS4, RISC OS, PalmOS, GP2X and Pandora. Well tested on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms. Well tested on both little endian and big endian platforms.
- Improved sound support. Support for OGG, MP3, Opus and WAV external music files to be played instead of the original MIDI files. Working music volume controls and on the fly selection of CD or MIDI music.
- Widescreen FOV (field of view) support and automatic Hor+ FOV scaling based on resoluton in both opengl and software renderer.
- In-game resolution changing for both opengl and software renderers.
- OpenGL enhancements including multitexturing, glow effects, working brightness control, text and hud size changing on the fly, translucent console background, console background stretching, colored lights and support for external lit files, anisotropic texture filtering, fixes for texture cache and model mesh cache mismatches.
- Fullscreen intermissions and help dialogs.
- Fully network-compatible with Raven's 1.11 windows version as well as with other Hexen II ports. Can load and play games saved with Raven's 1.11 windows version.
- The same binary handles both original hexen2 and the mission pack. The same binary transparently handles progs.dat files of both v6 and v7 specs. The same hexen2 binary transparently handles all v1.03-v1.11 (hexen2) and v1.12 (mission pack) style progs.dat files. The same hexenworld binary transparently handles all v0.11, v0.14 and v0.15 style progs.dat files.
- Improvements and lots of fixes to the HexenC game code.
- Countless bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.
Hello! Love the mouse content on your site! You know, most websites get traffic from their blogs, and we feel that you could use a little boost,...
Hi, My name is Randy and I was looking at a few different sites online and came across your site downloadjungle.ca. I must say - your website i...
Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up very fast! What web host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my webs...
nice post Please review my article http://www.techiebaba.net
A useful tool